These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are so delicious when warm out of the oven. They are filled with pumpkin, cinnamon, brown sugar, and drizzled with gooey icing. Best of all, this treat is made with crescent roll dough, so it’s super fast and easy to make.
One of our family’s favorite sweet treats happens to be cinnamon rolls, or buns as some would call them. On the weekend, we love to head to a local bakery and pick up a half dozen of their cinnamon rolls which are now available in pumpkin.
That got me thinking, why don’t I try to make some cinnamon rolls from scratch?
What a disaster that initially was! You see, yeast and me just don’t get along! I have zero patience to let yeast activate or rise. My buns were like doughy rocks that could have possibly broken a window should my son have thrown a bun at one!
However, rather than wallow, I turned to one of my favorite baking ingredients… crescent roll dough! I’ve used crescent roll dough to make some of our most popular recipes like Cream Cheese Danish and Pepperoni Pizza Bombs on our sister site Sizzling Eats.
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 4 tablspoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin pie filling
On a clean cutting board, roll out the crescent rolls into one large rectangle by pinching together the pieces, and then smoothing over them.
Pre-heat your oven to 375
In a bowl, mix the pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon well
Brush it onto the dough
Once done, carefully roll the dough up
Using a butter knife, gently slice 9 small cinnamon rolls
Bake in muffin tins for 16-18 minutes
- 1 + 1/2 cup of confectionery sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
Mix ingredients until a thick, smooth glaze is formed.
Drizzle over slightly cooled pumpkin cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can crescent dough
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- preheat oven to 375 F
- On a clean cutting board, roll out the crescent rolls into one large rectangle (sheet) by pinching together the pieces, and then smoothing over them.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon well
- Brush the pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon mixture onto the dough.
- roll the dough back up
- Using a butter knife, gently slice the roll into 9 individual small cinnamon rolls.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the rolls flat on the sheet.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes (or until golden brown on the edges)
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk until a thick, smooth glaze is formed.
- Drizzle over slightly cooled pumpkin cinnamon rolls and enjoy!