Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe (So easy and delicious!)
Who doesn’t love a good bowl of creamy, smooth, rich ice cream? I generally gravitate to sorbets or yogurts. However, when my husband got the idea to make homemade ice cream using bags and ice, I was intrigued… and a bit skeptical. Our Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll be remaking it until you run out of the ingredients!
Yields: 1 quart, Servings: 4
Ingredients & tools needed:
- 3 one gallon zippered bags
- 2 Ice trays worth of ice crushed (24 cubes)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 cups Half and Half
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Mix your Sugar, Vanilla Extract and Creams. Don’t whip it.
- Pour the mixture into your gallon zippered storage bag.
- Place that bag into your second zippered bag (to protect the bag with the cream in it).
- Fill your third bag with the crushed ice and salt.
- Shake it all up until it begins to freeze. This will take up to 10 mins of shaking. Quite a workout!!
- Once it turns into ice cream, remove the inner bag from the outer bag, open it up and serve!
Enjoy Your Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag!
Did you know that you can make awesome ice cream using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment?! Its so easy and requires no physical activity on your part. Check out our Kitchenaid Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe (Using the Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Maker!) post to find out how.