Cream Cheese Danish Crescent Rolls are a delicious and super quick pastry recipe for brunches, dessert, or parties. This recipe is based off of our wildly popular Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish recipe we created years ago.
Do you love bakery-style danish? It happens to be me and Jared’s favorite thing to get for ourselves. We love desserts that feature flaky, buttery pastry dough, slightly crispy icing, cheesecake filling, and a touch of fruit.
If you also love pastry like these, this Cream Cheese Danish Crescent Rolls recipe needs to be in your life.
The beauty of this easy danish recipe is that you can save this recipe (print it out below) and make it JUST with the sweet cream cheese, cheesecake-like filling or you can add pretty much a heaping teaspoon of any jam, or fruit you desire.
Ingredients you need to make Cream Cheese Danish with Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries + 1 tablespoon of sugar (fruit filling)
- 1 tube of crescent dough
- 4 ounces of room temp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (icing)
- 1 tablespoon of milk (icing)
Best Tip for Working with Crescent Dough
Crescent dough is one of my personal favorite hacks to make foods like like my viral Pepperoni and Cheese Bombs, and these S’mores Bombs. I love how easy it is to work with. The worst part is waiting for the crescent roll tube to pop! I admit, that part is a little nerve wracking…haha!
The #1 tip is keep the tube in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Warm crescent dough starts to spread, and gets soo incredibly sticky. You want to work with crescent dough when it is chilled right before baking.
To make these danish, carefully pop open your crescent roll tube and unwrap it leaving the dough “rolled up”. Using a knife, cut the dough into 8 equal discs.
How to Make Cream Cheese Danish Crescent Rolls
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and then place each dough disc on it after you carefully spread them a little into danish shapes.
You will want to create a little depression in each to fill them with the cream cheese mixture first, and then the blackberries.
They will grow double their size in the oven. Be sure to space them out appropriately.
These crescent roll danish go well with coffee, or tea. Get the printable recipe below! Let us know if you make them!
Cream Cheese Danish Crescent Rolls with Blackberries
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup blackberries fresh, washed, dried
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese, extract, sugar, lemon juice and combine well; set aside.
- On a cutting board, unwrap your crescent dough tube and slice the dough into 8 equal discs.
- Place discs on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and gently press them down to spread them into large discs. You will want a slight depression in each for the filling.
- Add one heaping teaspoon of sweet cream cheese filling to each.
- For the blackberry filling, gentle smash the berries using the back of a fork until smushed. Add sugar, and combine.
- Add one teaspoon of blackberry filling on top of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the center rack.
- While they are baking, mix the powdered sugar and milk until thick and creamy.
- Once danish are done, cool for 5 minutes and then ice them.
- To ice, dip a fork into the sugar icing and swizzle on top of each danish.
- Enjoy the same day for best taste!