Looking for a snack made almost entirely from pantry staples? This Fresh & Quick Garlic Hummus is perfect! Made with canned chickpeas, it makes an inexpensive, and nutritious snack. Serve it on English muffins, toast, with veggie sticks or with chips.
This recipe costs less than $3 to make for one batch making it a budget-friendly snack!
I recently made a batch of garlic hummus and enjoyed it on a toasted English Muffin. It was super tasty and complemented the toasted bread perfectly.
Add chickpeas, garlic cloves, and 3/4 of your oil to your food processor. Also, mix in the salt, lemon juice, and half the red pepper. Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add in a little of the extra chickpeas juices. I ended up using about 2 tablespoons of mine.
Once blended, add to a serving dish and swirl the mixture. Top with left over oil, remaining crushed red pepper, and fresh parsley. Enjoy with pita, veggies stick, or on a BAYS toasted English Muffin.
Homemade Garlic Hummus
- lfresh parsley to taste
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas drained, reserve liquid
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- Add chickpeas, garlic cloves, and 3/4 of your oil to your food processor.
- Also, mix in the salt, lemon juice, and half the red pepper.
- Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add in a little of the extra chickpeas juices. I ended up using about 2 tablespoons of mine.
- Once creamy, add to a serving dish. Top with remaining oil, pepper, and extra parsley.
- Serve with chips, pita crackers, on an English muffin or with chips.
We all love hummus but I usually buy it made. I will use this recipe and try to make it on my own. Those little pizzas on English muffins are sure to e every kids favorite.
That looks so good! Hummus is probably my most favorite way to snack with chips. I definitely need to try it on an English muffin. It looks so good.
Liz Mays says
Gosh this sounds good. I buy those English muffins all the time. I need to try the English muffin garlic bread recipe ASAP.
Claudia Krusch says
We make English Muffin Garlic Bread at least once a week at our house. I will have to give this Hummus recipe a try this weekend. I am sure it will be a bog hit.
I usually put jam or cream cheese on my english muffins but this looks so yummy, I’ll try it next time.
Yum and two of my favorite things! I will definitely be making these!
sounds delish!!!! can’t wair to make.ir!! but i was wondering when ya ref4igerate this should you covet rop with olive oil?? thx .
Hi, yes to prevent it from going dry! Enjoy!