Made on the stove top with quick cooking rice, this sweet rice pudding dessert is loaded with comforting and delicious flavors of cinnamon and vanilla. Top with whipped cream, and extra cinnamon for an extra delicious and inexpensive dessert.
One of my kids’ favorite, easy desserts to make when snacks are low is this Cinnamon Vanilla Rice Pudding. This easy to make rice pudding is sure to please everyone who loves a creamy pudding with some tasty texture!
You can even add raisins or nuts to it if you’d like!
Common pantry staples like sugar, rice, cinnamon, vanilla, milk, and eggs are all you need to make this dessert. We used the quick cooking variety of rice, but you can use traditional white rice as well. It will just take longer to make.
By using quick “minute-style” rice, this recipe can be made in about 20 minutes and serves 6.
If you do not have quick cooking rice, you can use any long grain white rice such as jasmine rice. See instructions below.
Portuguese rice pudding
Looking for a delicious rice pudding that is made with lemon? Try our Portuguese Rice Pudding recipe which is different that this more classic rice pudding recipe.
Cinnamon Vanilla Rice Pudding
- 1 cup quick-cook rice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- whipped topping optional
- In a 5 quart stockpot, bring 1 cup of quick-cook white rice and 3 cups of milk to a slow boil over medium heat-stir constantly. About 10 minutes.
- Once milk begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium/low and stir occasionally for 10 minutes; rice will expand.
- Remove rice from heat and quickly stir in sugar and vanilla extract and one egg at a time. You must do this swift and get it well combined or the eggs will scramble.
- Mix in cinnamon and allow to cool in servings dishes for at least 20 minutes-this will also help thicken the pudding a bit.
- Serve with optional whipped topping and additional cinnamon if requested.