Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine. #DoughboySurprise
Now that the cool, crisp air of fall is slowly creeping into my area of Southeastern,
MA, I am excited to start baking. This year is extra special because we have a brand new kitchen to work in. I love my old tiny kitchen, but my new home just has so much more room to accommodate our family.
My first recipe for the pre-fall baking season were these Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting. Pumpkin is a flavor that I love to incorporate into almost all my baked goods early on in the season. It is so easy to work with and typically makes for moist, baked treats. You can find the printable recipe for these Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes below.
What made this baking session extra special was the new Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag I purchased at Stop & Shop. This amazing product is what I always wished for in the past years of baking.
Before I bought my piping set I would fill plastic bags with Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting and nip the ends of the bag. Most of the times my treats came out completely disastrous. Other times I would misplace my piping tips and become extremely frustrated trying to locate them.
Let’s just say quick baking sessions were a real struggle before I had the comfort of using the Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag.
With this product, it is as easy as opening the package, snipping the plastic tip off, and piping.
There is no mess at all and the bag is totally disposable when you are done.
The piping tip is a standard size and allowed me to create the swirl I wanted for my Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes.
I could have frosted 24 cupcakes with this product, but only used it on 12 this time around.
It was so easy to use and they come in three flavors: vanilla, chocolate, and cream cheese.
You can find it in the baking aisle at Stop & Shop and it retails for under $4. They’re also available at other Ahold stores like Giant Carlisle, Giant Landover, and Martins! Right now, you can get a coupon for Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags.
This upcoming holiday season I am especially looking forward to using these Pastry Bags because they will allow me to bake even more now that I do not have to set up my own decorating bags and tips.
Homemade Pumpkin Cupcake with Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 small pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 can pureed pumpkin *not pumpkin pie filling be careful
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag in Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Line a cupcake pan with festive liners. In a stand mixer, add ingredients 1-7 and mix until combined on low speed. In a separate bowl mix the butter,sugar, puree, eggs, and extract. Slowly add that into the stand mixer and combine on medium speed until just combined- do not overmix. Fill cupcake liners half way with batter. Bake for 18-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one cupcake is clean. Allow to cool fully for about 30 mins. On a wire rack before frosting with the Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Vanilla frosting. Top with candies, and serve!