Warm salami, ooey, gooey cheeses, and sauce sit sandwiched in between toasted or grilled artisan bread. These Hot Salami & Cheese Sandwiches are a delicious cafe quality, gourmet sandwich you can easily replicate at home.
These are the BEST meat and cheese sandwiches I have made in a while. They tasted like something I would pay a ton for at a specialty cafe. The special sauce addition makes them!
This post was sponsored by Heluva! Good, and was updated on 9/6/2020.
In case you all didn’t know–cheese is my favorite food. I love it hot, cold, hard, and soft. In fact there are very few varieties I don’t care for. Today, I am sharing one of my FAVORITE summer lunch recipes.
Say hello to these Hot Salami & Cheese Sandwiches. Made with fresh kalamata olive bread, dijon mustard, dry salami, and cheese..lots of tasty, ooey, gooey cheese.
For this recipe, I used my favorite block cheese which happens to be Heluva Good! Cheese. This quality brand of cheese (found at Walmart) really makes these deli-style sandwiches hard to resist because the cheese actually melts nicely when heated.
With my three kids home for the summer, I have been pretty creative with lunches. The same old PB&J does get old after awhile. That is why I have been mixing things up.
My kids LOVE salami & cheese cold sandwiches so I wanted to try them toasted. I knew this would make the Heluva Good! Cheeses really melty and delicious. Since they are such mouth-watering and versatile cheeses, I knew they would pair perfectly with the salami.
Check out how yummy these Hot Salami & Cheese Sandwiches look–All that hot, melty cheese really kicked them up a notch. While pretty much any variety of Heluva Good! Cheese would have worked, the Sharp Cheddar, Jalepeno Jack, and Extra Sharp Cheeses were perfect. Available at Walmart for under $3, these are a steal for such a quality chunk of cheese!
My three kids loved them, and they took maybe ten minutes out of my busy day.
The dijon mustard spread really helped to send these sandwiches into overdrive.
I loved the tangy and sweet taste and thought it complemented the meat and cheese perfectly.
More gourmet sandwich recipes
Of course, if you’re feeling like a different kind of tasty sandwich, you can check out our other amazing recipes like:
What ways do you enjoy a toasted sandwich? What are some of your favorites?
Hot Salami Sandwiches
- 8 slices Kalamata Olive Bread ciabatta bread will also work
- 12 slices salami
- 6 ounces assorted Heluva Good! Cheese *Sharp Cheddar, Extra Sharp Cheddar & Jalepeno Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- Heat a toaster oven or oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread a generous layer of mustard over 4 slices of bread.
- Line the dry halves of bread with 3 slices of salami, and 4 slices of assorted cheeses.Cover sandwiches and place on a baking sheetToast for 5 minutes or until cheese is melty and bubblyServe hot with some chips.
- Put sandwiches together and place them on baking sheet or buttered griddle. Toast or bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Serve hot with some chips and a deli style pickle.