Nutella and Banana Swirl Bread is a deliciously moist banana bread recipe that features beautifully tasty swirls of hazelnut spread baked inside. Each bite is a tasty treat.
Ever get sick of looking at overripe bananas on your kitchen counter? Maybe it’s just me, but when I buy bananas I expect my kids to eat them. Lately, it seems those little buggers have been going for the tangerines, or apples, and that leaves me with bananas that turn black!
Me: “Kids, do you want a banana in your lunch pack?”
Girls: “No mom! We don’t like when they get freckles!”
…..Well then! Next week I won’t buy them, and then they will ask for bananas! I swear it is a never ending battle. For now, I will just suck it up and turn my overripe bananas into sweet treats like this delicious Nutella and Banana Swirl Bread.
This bread was not only easy to make, but it was pretty darn good! It smelled my house up fantastically, and BOY was it pretty!
Would you believe today was the first day I have EVER tried Nutella? Seriously, all these 30 years and I would occasionally buy it for my kids, but not once did I sneak a lick, dip, or spoonful!
This morning the thought to try it came into my head and then it inspired this bread recipe. I pretty much just took my standby banana bread recipe and swirled this deliciousness all around inside each layer like an artist.
Ingredients to make Nutella and Banana Swirl Bread
- 2 large overripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of white flour
- 3/4 teas. baking soda
- 1 teas. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup warmed (20 seconds) Nutella
How to Make Nutella Swirl Bread
Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
Grease a bread loaf pan.
Whisk together your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In a seperate bowl, cream sugar, salt, butter, eggs. Add in banana, milk, and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
Add the creamy mixture into the powdered mixture, and combine well.
Pour in a little of the bread mixture into the greased pan.
Add a spoonful of the warmed Nutella in and swirl, repeat layers until pan is filled.
Bake for 50 minutes, and allow to completely cool before slicing into
I hope your family enjoys this Nutella and Banana Swirl Bread because we sure did!
Nutella and Banana Swirl Bread Recipe
- Loaf pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease a bread loaf pan.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar, salt, butter, eggs. Add in banana, milk, and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the creamy mixture into the powdered mixture, and combine well.
- Pour in a little of the bread mixture into the greased pan.
- Add a spoonful of the warmed Nutella in and swirl, repeat layers until pan is filled.
- Bake for 50 minutes (test center of loaf with a toothpick to test) , and allow to completely cool before slicing into.