Orange Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
A soft and delicious citrus-infused cookie that is fun to make.
Several years ago, when I was pregnant for my first child, I was super sick. I tried keeping fluid down, but nothing seemed to help. Even drinking water made me nauseating until one day when my husband and I went grocery shopping and found a new product on our store shelves. At the time, the product was called True Lemon, and it was essentially all natural, crystallized lemon that was easy to mix into water.
Boy did that those little packets of True Lemon help my nausea, and get me drinking my water! I had never heard of it prior to seeing it on the store shelves, but I knew I loved it. Flash forward a couple of years, and here I am now working with the very same company that started out as True Lemon, and grew into True Citrus.
Now, True Citrus has a wide assortment of all natural drink mixes, food spices, and crystallized citrus packets. I recently was able to refresh my stock of True Citrus products when the company sent me their entire line to try out. Honestly, there were only a few products I had not tried because I am an actual consumer.
Here are the lovely products they produce:
- True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, and True Grapefruit
- True Raspberry Lemonade, True Lemonade
- True Lime™ Lime, Garlic, and Cilantro, True Lemon™ Lemon Pepper, True Orange™ Orange Ginger
- True Peach Lemonade, True Mango Orange, True Lemon Iced Tea, True Lime Limeade, and True Black Cherry Limeade
The beauty of each True Citrus product is that they are void of chemicals, toxins, gluten, artificial colors, preservatives, artificial sweeteners. Each product provides 100% of your Vitamin C requirements, and is made with 100% all natural ingredients.
I love these products and feel safe adding a packet of any of the above flavors to my children’s water because I know they are a better alternative to most sugary drinks on the market. Plus, each flavor is so darn tasty and does not leave me puckering my lips, or with aftertastes.
True Citrus products are even great for baking! I recently added some True Orange packets to a cookie recipe my friend gave me to make some of the most hard to resist cookies ever! These Orange Burst Crinkle Cookies are made with cake mix and are sure to please!
- 1 Box of white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 5 packets of True Orange
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (for coating cookie balls)
- 1 8 oz tub of whipped topping
- 1 toothpick worth of orange food gel
Open the whipped topping and add the food gel directly to the tub, and mix well.
These Orange Burst Crinkle Cookies are so good and I know the True Orange played a huge role in making them so fresh and citrusy. My husband even brought some to work and his friends loved them! I am so glad I went out on a whim and added the True Orange to the mix! I am totally make True Lemon and True Lemon Burst Crinkle Cookies next!
Want to try True Citrus products for yourself? I bet you will not be disappointed! You can shop their online store by visiting their official site or you can find them in-store. *See the complete stores listings here which sell True Citrus products.
Get the printable recipe for these Orange Burst Crinkle Cookies today!
Orange Burst Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 egg
- .14 ounces True Orange 5 packets
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1/8 tsp orange food gel about a toothpick worth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add cake mix, True Orange, and 1 egg. Whisk until mix in crumbly
- Open the whipped topping and add the food gel directly to the tub, and mix well.
- Add colored whipped topping into the cookie batter. The batter will be super sticky and that is when the powdered sugar comes in handy.
- Dust your hands with powdered sugar and pluck out little balls of dough.
- Form the ball, and then coat it with the powdered sugar.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.