Soft, fluffy, cakey cookies are made with 3 ingredients and taste just like fall. Enjoy them frosted, or plain!
If you’re looking for a quick and simple pumpkin dessert recipe, then these cookies are it! These Pumpkin Spice Cookies have been a family favorite for years. They require only three ingredients but taste amazing! With this recipe, you get fluffy pumpkin cookies made without any water, butter, eggs, or oil!
These easy fall cookies would make a yummy start or finish to a chilly fall day. I love how they pretty much only use pantry staples. You can make them with any flavor of frosting/icing as well as some different toppings or add-ins.
Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients & Swaps
The beauty of these cookies is that they only require 3 ingredients.
Canned Pumpkin – Not pumpkin pie filling as that is thinner contains salt, and other spices. You just need one 15-ounce can for these.
Cake Mix – You can use French Vanilla, Yellow, Spice, or White cake mix. They all work and taste delicious with these cookies.
Spice – Since the canned pumpkin contains no spice, you’ll need additional spices. I use jarred pumpkin spice but if you do not have that available you can use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and ground clove. 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon each of nutmeg, all spice, and ground clove with work nicely.
Frosting – I used jarred vanilla frosting that was melted for 15 seconds in the microwave. I dipped each cooled cookie top into the melted frosting and sprinkled a bit of pumpkin spice on it. The frosting will remain soft on the cookies and will not harden.
How to Make Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk (or use a hand mixer) the cake mix, pumpkin spice, and canned pumpkin until well combined and smooth.
Using a cookie scooper, scoop cookie batter onto the baking sheet allowing for 2 inches of space between each mound.
Bake for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will feel soft, but firm to the touch with the mound shape still intact.
Transfer the cookies to a wire mesh baking sheet to cool.
Frost cookies if desired. Enjoy
Storing Cake Mix Cookies
These cake mix cookies can be frozen once they are baked and cooled. To freeze place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
At room temperature these cookies retain a soft texture and will last for up to 3 days for best taste when stored in an airtight container.
More Tasty Pumpkin Cookies Recipes
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chip Cookies
- Soft-Baked White Pumpkin Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Oven adjusted to center rack position
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- two tablespoon sized cookie scoop
- medium mixing bowl
- whisk/hand mixer/spoon
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups canned vanilla frosting optional*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk (or use a hand mixer) the cake mix, pumpkin spice, and canned pumpkin until well combined and smooth.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop cookie batter onto the baking sheet allowing for 2 inches of space between each mound.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will feel soft, but firm to the touch with the mound shape still intact.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire mesh baking sheet to cool.
- Frost cookies if desired. Enjoy