Growing up my family would always have a tradition of making toffee at Christmas time. The process is so long and tedious, but the taste is worth it in the end! Nowadays I often find myself craving that classic flavor, but with less work. And that’s why today I’m going to show you how to make RITZ Cracker Toffee – this version will take you only about 20 minutes from start to finish but does require some chill time! This post is sponsored by NABISCO. All opinions are that of our own.
One of the most popular holiday treats is toffee. To make this delicious treat, you will need butter, sugar, chocolate morsels or chunks, and holiday sprinkles. This recipe features RITZ Crackers (available at Walmart) which are used to give it a crunchy texture, with a sweet and savory flare. You can also add nuts to your cracker toffee if desired. Today, we will share how RITZ Crackers can help you make the perfect batch of RITZ Cracker Toffee also known as Christmas Crack!
Find everything you need to make this treat at your local Walmart! Shop in-store or use Walmart Online Grocery Pickup or Delivery. Check out how you can make this RITZ Cracker Toffee and be inspired to create your own recipe and enter the Walmart Create Share Give contest – see below for details.
This easy holiday toffee recipe comes together with just a handful of ingredients. You will need to add RITZ Crackers Family Size, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, chocolate morsels (2 cups worth), and holiday sprinkles to your list. You can find these items conveniently at Walmart.
Use a jelly roll style pan for this. You will need those deep walls of at least one inch around to hold the layers intact. 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 is the dimensions of mine.
Line the pan with nonstick foil or coat heavy duty foil with nonstick baking spray. This is needed so the toffee can be effortlessly lifted once set.
You can use light or dark brown sugar for this recipe. Just make sure you follow the directions below perfectly and never stop stirring the butter and sugar.
Allow the pan to set on the stove for 10 minutes before chilling the finished toffee (with chocolate) in the refrigerator, or freezer. To cool in the fridge, put a trivet or thick oven mitts on the shelf and keep the pan away from plastic containers and perishable items like milk.
One of the greatest things about cracker candy are the different ways it can be made. The number of variations is only limited to your imagination. Here are a few things you could try:
- Use white chocolate instead.
- Use peanuts or mini pretzels for a sweet & salty flavor.
- Use Nilla Wafers instead of RITZ
- Add pecans or nuts instead of the holiday sprinkles.
This cracker toffee can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container.
Create Share Give Sweepstakes
NABISCO is providing a $1,000,000 Donation to Feeding America. You can get involved by creating a recipe using your favorite NABISCO cookies, crackers, or confections like Swedish Fish or SOUR PATCH KIDS. *1 vote initiates additional $1 donation up to $50,000.
Head to Walmart.com/CreateShareGive between 11/1-11/29 to enter your recipe. Voting begins 11/30-12/4 with the winner being picked 12/5. Each person can vote up to 5 times per day. Top voted recipe will be made into a Tasty Buzzfeed Video! *1 vote initiates additional $1 donation up to $50,000. *See rules below.
No Purchase Necessary. Open to residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. Submit a recipe (and optional photo) by 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/29/21. Void where prohibited. For full details, see the Official Rules at www.Walmart.com/createsharegive . Between 11/30/21-12/4/21, residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. who are 18+ can vote for your favorite recipes (up to 5 each calendar day). Mondelēz will donate $1 per vote up to $50,000 to Feeding America®. Each donation funds approx. 10 meals at local Feeding America® food banks.
RITZ Cracker Toffee
- Oven & Stovetop
- 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jellyroll pan
- Nonstick foil
- baking spray* if you cannot find nonstick foil
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Small stockpot
- wooden spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- microwave-safe bowl
- 54 RITZ crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar *can also use dark brown
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- Line a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Spray it generously with nonstick baking spray.
- Add RITZ Crackers to foil. I used 54 crackers which is a sleeve and a half.
- In a small sauce pan, add light brown sugar and butter. Constantly stir mixture over medium-low heat (4 on the knob). Once butter is melted, set a timer and allow mixture to gently boil for 3 minutes. You will want to constantly stir it even when it is gently bubbling.
- Once mixture turns into thick with no grit, spread it over the crackers. Place pan in a 325° Fahrenheit oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- After toffee is done baking, remove from the oven and place it on top of the stove. Sprinkle on 2 cups of chocolate chips and spread using a rubber spatula.
- Once chocolate is evenly spread, add holiday sprinkles.
- Allow pan to set on the stove top for ten minutes before adding the entire baking sheet to the freezer and freezing until hardened, about 15 minutes. If you have no room in the freezer, chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes by placing the pan on oven mitts away from any plastic or perishables.
- Once set, carefully slice the toffee into pieces and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.