This inviting Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing dinner is comforting and loaded with creamy flavor.
It’s cold outside and you’re in the mood for something warm and comforting. What could be better than a hearty, home-cooked meal? This Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing is easy to make and will fill you up without breaking the bank.
Slow Cooked Chicken and Stuffing
The slow cooker is one of the most versatile kitchen appliances, and it’s perfect for busy families. With just a few minutes of prep time, you can throw together a delicious and hearty meal that will please even the pickiest eaters. And one of our family’s favorite slow cooker recipes is Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing. This dish is loaded with flavor, and the slow cooking process ensures that the chicken stays moist and juicy. Plus, the stuffing comes out perfectly cooked every time. If you’re looking for a hassle-free meal that the whole family will love, give slow cooker chicken and stuffing a try.
Chicken – You can use white meat chicken cutlets.
Stuffing – One 6-ounce box of your favorite type. I used generic chicken stuffing because it was cheap.
Green Beans – I used one can of drained beans, but you can use trimmed fresh beans or frozen beans.
Cream Soup – You will need one can of cream of chicken soup to make the creamy sauce.
Broth – You will need one cup of chicken broth for flavor and moisture.
Butter – Use 4 tablespoons of unsalted, melted butter for a richer cream sauce.
Sour Cream – Used for creaminess.
Spices – Italian seasoning, minced onion, and ground black pepper are needed. You do not need any additional salt for this meal.
Use a different cut of chicken – Trimmed chicken thighs would also be delicious in this recipe.
Use a different cream of soups – Cream of celery, cheddar, or even cream of mushroom would work well.
Add different vegetables – My mom loves to add corn to her dish in addition to the green beans. Additionally, you can use mixed vegetables, peas, or carrots.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Season chicken with spices, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Sprinkle drained green beans over the top of the seasoned chicken.
Sprinkle stuffing mixture over the green beans.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, and chicken broth.
Pour cream sauce over the top of the stuffing layer.
Set slow cooker to high mode, and cook for 4-5 hours on high or until the chicken reaches an internal temp. of 165° F.
Once done, stir the chicken and stuffing. If you want to brown the stuffing, place the ceramic insert of your slow cooker into the oven (top rack) and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400° F.
Tips for Success
Do you put frozen chicken in the slow cooker or crock pot. This is a huge no-no because it will take the chicken a long time to come to temperature.
Be sure to put no more than 2 pounds of chicken in your slow cooker so it cooks properly.
This dish is cooked best on high for 4-5 hours which is all it typically needs to reach the perfect texture.
Once done, the chicken will have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. It will be easy to shred and should not be tough.
To brown the stuffing, you can add the ceramic insert of your slow cooker to the oven, and cook in a 400 degree F. oven (top rack) for 10-15 minutes.
More Slow Cooker Meals to Try Today
- Slow Cooker Taco Dip
- Slow Cooker Tomato & Feta Pasta
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Taco Meat
The Best Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
- 6-quart slow cooker
- Measuring cups & spoons
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- 1½ pounds chicken cutlets thick style, white meat chicken
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14.5 ounces green beans drained
- 6 ounces dry stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium variety *if preferred
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with spices, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle drained green beans over the top of the seasoned chicken.
- Sprinkle stuffing mixture over the green beans.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, and chicken broth.
- Pour cream sauce over the top of the stuffing layer.
- Set slow cooker to high mode, and cook for 4-5 hours on high or until the chicken reaches an internal temp. of 165° F.
- Once done, stir the chicken and stuffing. If you want to brown the stuffing, place the ceramic insert of your slow cooker into the oven (top rack) and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400° F.