Tangy, Baked Honey Lime Chicken
After stocking up on 60 lbs of fresh, hormone-free chicken from Zaycon this past October, I have found myself searching for and creating an abundance of chicken breast recipes. Some recipes turn our to be ok, but others become regular staples. I have to admit, the Tangy, Baked Honey Lime Chicken I made last week was a complete hit!
If you love the flavors of lime and honey then this baked chicken recipe is for you! You will also save on calories because it is not fried and coating in tons of oil. The lime, and honey give it a slightly golden brown crust and coat it in a sweet and sticky sauce. The flavors especially paired well with some fresh broccoli florets and brown rice. Plus, it was a good post gains kind of meal if you are into the whole fitness thing like my husband.
Want to make this Tangy, Baked Honey Lime Chicken? Here is what you will need:
- 3 large chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- sesame seeds and additional lime for garnishing
Combine all ingredients besides water and cornstarch in a bowl or zippered bag. Add chopped chicken and marinade for 2 hours or more.
Once marinated, preheat oven to 350 and place chicken on a baking sheet bake for 15-20 minutes
Remove chicken from the bag and reserve marinade
Add marinade, water, and cornstarch to a sauce pan and bring to a boil
Add marinade to chicken, place chicken in a baking dish, and then put the oven on broil and cook for 5 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and caramelized.
Serve with broccoli and brown rice.