Tangy, Baked Honey Lime Chicken is a delicious meal that features all white meat, bite-sized chicken pieces coated in a delicious, sweet and tangy sauce. This sweet and savory protein is delicious when served over white rice, mashed potatoes, or french fries.
After stocking up on lots of chicken I have been creating an abundance of tasty recipes. Some turn our to be just okay, but others become regular staples.
I have to admit, the Tangy, Baked Honey Lime Chicken I made last week was a complete hit!
If you love the flavors of lime and honey then this baked recipe is for you! You will also save on calories because it is not fried and coating in tons of oil. The lime, and honey give it a slightly golden brown crust and coat it in a sweet and sticky sauce.
The flavors especially paired well with some fresh broccoli florets and brown rice. Plus, it was a good post gains kind of meal if you are into the whole fitness thing like my husband.
- white meat chicken
- fresh limes
- fresh ginger
- apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- fresh garlic
- salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder
- sesame seeds
Combine all ingredients besides water and cornstarch in a bowl or zippered bag. Add chopped chicken and marinade for 2 hours or more.
Once marinated, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place on a baking sheet bake for 15-20 minutes; reserve marinade.
Add marinade, water, and cornstarch to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Add cooked marinade to chicken, and place it in a baking dish. Broil for 5 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and caramelized.
Serve with either white or brown rice. This recipe also pairs well with greens like broccoli and asparagus.
Tangy Honey Lime Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs white meat chicken cubed
- 2 tbsps. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh honey
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsps. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsps. cornstarch
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Add lime juice, honey, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and spices in a large bowl.
- Place chicken in the bowl with the marinade and cover it tightly. Place in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours. You can marinade it for up to 24 hours if you want.
- Once marinated, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Add marinade, water, and cornstarch to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked marinade to chicken, and place in a baking dish. Broil for 5 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and caramelized.
- Add sesame seeds garnish to chicken and serve over your favorite side.
I made this for dinner tonight and thought it was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. I used onion powder, not fresh onion. My husband added fresh pineapple on top of his meal and it was very tasty. I served it with fresh green beans and jasmine rice. Thanks for your wonderful recipe.? Definitely making this again!