Tuna Melt Crostini Recipe
Thank you, Chicken of the Sea® for sponsoring today’s post. All views expressed are that of our own
The unofficial start to summer is already next month! Lifeguards will be on duty, cookouts will be a regular occasion, and lighter meals will be a must. Today, I wanted to share this tasty and easy recipe for these yummy Tuna Melt Crostini bites. They are made with Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna which you can find nationwide. Paired with some fresh veggies and they are the perfect marriage of fresh flavor.
I love Chicken of the Sea tuna fish and flavored salmon punches which I often turn to it for quick meals. They are also very nutritious and align well with my current lifestyle. These Tuna Melt Crostini are not only perfect for quick meals, but they are also great as appetizers. We all know the summer is all about friends, family, and good food. You can even make the tuna salad portion ahead of time to make assembly and baking a breeze.
Did you know that World Tuna Day is May 2nd? Chicken of the Sea is celebrating by creating an “Official World Tuna Day Menu” which you all can view on their website during that time period.
To make this super fun for you all, Chicken of the Sea has created a mega fun contest open now through May 2nd. Get ready to create some yummy tuna recipes for The Best of the Sea Challenge: A World Tuna Day Recipe Contest. You could win a trip to FIJI, or one fifteen $50 Daily Prizes! Who is in? I know I sure am!
To enter, simply submit you very own tuna recipes for a chance to be featured in the World Tuna Day Menu. For every recipe submitted, Chicken of the Sea will donate to FisheryProgress.org, the one-stop shop for information on the progress of global fishery improvement projects.
The contest winners will be featured in the Official World Tuna Day Menu, as well as entered into a drawing for a trip to Fiji.
So, now that you know all about The Best of the Sea Challenge: A World Tuna Day Recipe Contest, will you be entering?
What Tuna recipe will you be creating with Chicken of the Sea Tuna?
Tuna Melt Crostini Recipe
- 1 large can of Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna Drain the water
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley reserve half for garnishing
- salt & pepper to taste
- 9 slices Italian bread cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 sliced plum tomato
- Heat Oven to 350 degrees f. Drain the water out of the Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna. Add half the parsley and red onion to a bowl along with your tuna and mayo; mix. Spread tuna mixture over each crostini slice evenly. Top each crostini with with one tomato slice and an even amount of cheese. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and bake for 5 mins. Garnish with remaining parsley and enjoy!