Tuna Melt Crostini Recipe is an incredibly easy and tasty tuna fish appetizer. Seasoned tuna salad is topped on toasted crostini with a ripened tomato, cheese, and fresh herbs. Thank you, Chicken of the Sea® for sponsoring today’s post. All views expressed are that of our own
The unofficial start to summer is already next month! Lifeguards will be on duty, cookouts will be a regular occasion, and lighter meals will be a must. Today, I wanted to share this tasty and easy recipe for these yummy Tuna Melt Crostini bites.
They are made with Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna which you can find nationwide. Paired with some fresh veggies and they are the perfect marriage of fresh flavor.
I love Chicken of the Sea tuna fish and flavored salmon punches which I often turn to it for quick meals. They are also very nutritious and align well with my current lifestyle. These Tuna Melt Crostini are not only perfect for quick meals, but they are also great as appetizers.
We all know the summer is all about friends, family, and good food. You can even make the tuna salad portion ahead of time to make assembly and baking a breeze.
Did you know that World Tuna Day is May 2nd? Chicken of the Sea is celebrating by creating an “Official World Tuna Day Menu” which you all can view on their website during that time period.
Tuna Melt Crostini Recipe
- baking sheet
- 1 large can tuna drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped, reserve half for garnishing
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 plum tomato sliced
- 9 Italian bread sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Drain the water/oil out of the tuna.
- Add half the parsley and red onion to a bowl along with your tuna and mayo; mix.
- Spread tuna salad mixture over each crostini slice evenly.
- Top each crostini with with one tomato slice and an even amount of cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and enjoy!