A delicious, soft-baked chocolate cookie recipe made from pantry staples. These chocolate cookies feature a perfectly fluffy, brownie-like texture. The addition of peanut butter chips makes them hard to resist.
Who doesn’t love a warm, chewy, ooey, gooey cookie? I am such a sucker for cookies when they first come out of the oven. Most times, I can barely even wait for them to cool before I sneak a little bite. Ok, so I do not advise you to do this unless of course, you live on the edge..haha.
Anyhow, since today is Fat Tuesday, I thought I would make a sweet treat for my kids. What better way to celebrate than with some Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.
I know, this may seem weird that I am not enjoying a King Cake or some paczkis but I really do not even know how to make those or the significance behind them. I mean they are simply beautiful pastries/cakes, but I am from the North and we do not really have that tradition here. I just know that Lent starts soon and now is the time to live it up before giving it up!
Running out to the store was the last thing I wanted to do today so I surveyed what I did have in the house and based my sweet treat off that. I have been hanging on to a new bag of peanut butter morsels since December so I decided to use those.
Then, I got the idea to make some Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies. I know you all have probably enjoyed this 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, but I wanted to make a little more involved recipe.
By adding some unsweetened cocoa to the recipe, I was able to transform these cookies into the best of both worlds chocolate + peanut butter= DELISH!
These are the best cookies because they use common ingredients, are chewy, and yummy. They do not spread like nuts in the oven and you can easily bake a batch without chilling the dough. I decided to make 24 cookies earlier today and will save the rest for tomorrow.
Freezing cookie dough
To freeze cookie dough, form tablespoon-sized balls of dough. Add them to a baking sheet to freeze. Allow cookie dough balls to freeze for 3 hours or until solid.
Add balls to a freezer bag or airtight freezer container. Be sure to add the recipe instructions. Cookies may need an extra 2-3 minutes of baking time. Please check them at the 10 minute mark.
Once baked, store any extra cookie in an air-tight container. These cookies will last for up to one week when stored properly.
Scroll down to get this recipe for these Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies below!
Will you be trying these Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies? Let is know below!
If you like this recipe, check out these Peanut Butter Brownies–hello delicious!
The Best Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened, but not fully melted.
- 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 medium baking sheets with parchment paper. (they can cook side by side).
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add in the softened butter, and egg, dough will be on the thicker side.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Form rounded tablespoons of dough and add 12 balls to each sheet spaced apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. I give a variance because ovens vary in cooking. I would suggest checking them at the 8-minute mark. Cookies will firm as they cool.