If you love brownies, you’ll love these Easy Brownie Cookies! You can enjoy the chewy and fudgy goodness of a brownie in a perfectly portioned cookie form.
Two days ago, I felt like making some brownies. I had a box of brownie mix in my pantry for what seemed like forever. It was calling my name for months, but I kept putting them off. I am more of a from scratch type of girl so when I finally caved the other morning I decided to make these brownie cookies.
What are Brownie Cookies?
Brownie cookies are essentially brownies, but in a different form. Brownie cookies are made with brownie plus a few other ingredients. The batter is divided and baked on a cookie sheet instead of a pan. What you end up with are delicious cookies with the same soft chewy texture as a traditional brownie.
Honestly, I love traditional brownies, but cutting them into squares is not my thing. I tend to turn a 9″x9″ pan of brownies into like 4 servings…I guess you could say I am a bit generous?!
Brownies in cookie-form are much easier for serving and portioning out.
I love brownie cookies so much because you get the taste and fudginess of a brownie with the convenience of a cookie. They go great with coffee, milk, or even ice cream!
If you’re a chocolate lover, adding chocolate chips into this recipe increases the ooey, gooey chocolate goodness.
Are you sold yet on making a fresh batch of easy brownie cookies yet?
Brownie Cookies Recipe (Chewy and Fudgy)
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1-2 tbs water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Mix together your dry ingredients well.
- Add in each egg one at a time and stir with a spoon.
- Add in melted butter, and water. Use more or less water. The dough will be sticky and thick!
- I suggest placing it in the fridge for one hour.
- Once you are ready to bake your brownie cookies, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Form balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons worth of dough) and place them on a non-stick mat or parchment lined sheet 2 inches apart.
- Gently press them down with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
My husband and two kids love these cookies so much!