Chocolate-Filled Real Cream Squares
Chocolate-Filled Real Cream Squares feature a Puff Pastry shell stuffed with Real Chocolate & Sweetened Whipped Cream. Such a tasty real cream dessert!
I cannot believe that Christmas is already over. With all the anticipation, and excitement leading up to it, it came and went just way too fast. I have already taken down my tree, and left just the wintery decor up. You might not believe it, but I even put up my first Valentine’s Day heart.
When it gets dreary, and dark here in New England, those pink and red hearts add a much needed pop of color in my life so that is when I add a few to my home. Since many of you *might* be looking for some tasty Valentine’s Day desserts- or any day really I thought I would formally share these Chocolate-Filled Real Cream Squares.
Made with puff pastry, these Chocolate-Filled Real Cream Squares are pretty darn simple and make for a great “hacked elegance dessert”. I added some chocolate pudding to each, but I did make my own real whipped cream because nothing comes close to that sort of decadence. Canned whipped topping melts way too quick and would not work for these.
- 1 package of Puff Pastry
- 2 cups of chocolate pudding
- 1 8 ounce container of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of confectionery sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels melted
Open slightly thawed puff pastry and cut into even rectangles using a pastry wheel
Bake according to the package
Once done, carefully cut each rectangle in half
Add a dollop of chocolate pudding to each
To make the real-whipped cream, add your 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl, and beat on high until stiff peaks form
Once done, transfer cream to a pastry bag
Pipe each square with cream, and then sprinkle the remaining powdered sugar gently over each.
I must warn you that these are way too good so please enjoy them with company so you are not left with too many!
Get the printable version of these Chocolate Cream Squares Below!
What are some of your favorite upscale Valentine’s Day Desserts?
Chocolate Cream Squares
- 17.3 ounces puff pastry (1 box) thawed
- 8 ounces Heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar reserve 1 tablespoon for cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate morsels melted
- Open slightly thawed puff pastry and cut into even rectangles using a pastry wheel.
- Bake according to the package on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once done, carefully cut each rectangle in half.
- Add a dollop of chocolate pudding to each bottom half.
- To make the real-whipped cream, add your 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl, and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Once done, transfer cream to a pastry bag.
- Pipe each square with cream, and then sprinkle the remaining powdered sugar gently over each.
- Lastly, swizzle the melted chocolate over each, and voila- you have yourself an elegant batch of Chocolate-Filled Real Cream Squares.