Cream Puffs with Blackberries & White Chocolate are a simple puff pastry dessert that any home cook can recreate. They feature store-bought puff pastry, Torani White Chocolate Sauce, and fresh blackberries with a dusting of powdered sugar. This post is sponsored by Torani. All views expressed are that of our own. #ToraniWhiteChocolateSauce
Have you ever made a dessert in the past that you love so much? One that has become a family tradition that you enjoy during special occasions or holidays? For us, our special dessert happens to be my various versions of puff pastry cream puffs or squares (because, they are square after all).
I have made cream puffs traditionally with just powdered sugar and puff pastry, I have added in fresh strawberries, I have made them with chocolate, and even raspberries. I just truly enjoy making these decadent cream desserts because they are EASY!
This recipe for Cream Puffs with Blackberries & White Chocolate is made extra special because I used a not so secret ingredient from my coffee bar!
Hello, Torani White Chocolate Sauce! This smooth, velvety sauce has notes of vanilla, and as sweet pop of white chocolate. It is made from simple ingredients like pure cane sugar and natural ingredients.
I love it in hot coffee, mixed drinks, and carefully weaved into pastries like these cream puffs.
Puff Pastry Cream Puffs (with Blackberries) Ingredients
- Puff Pastry (1 box)
- 1 cup of blackberries
- Torani White Chocolate Sauce
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Easy Cream Puffs
Making puff pastry cream puffs is super simple. I allowed one box of puff pastry sheets to thaw for about 1 hour.
Once they were thawed, I cut them into squares and placed them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
You do not need to space out puff pastry too much because it rises up and does not expand sideways.
Once they were done cooking (according to the box instructions) I allowed them to cool for about 5 minutes.
Then, I carefully opened them to reveal the top and bottom piece.
I used the homemade whipped cream to fill them after I smeared on the fresh blackberry puree & Torani White Chocolate Sauce.
Lastly, I topped them with their matching top pastry piece, sprinkled on powdered sugar, added a blackberry and swizzled the tops with additional Torani White Chocolate Sauce.
The Torani White Chocolate Sauce really made the flavors on these Cream Puffs with Blackberries & White Chocolate POP!
You can find Torani White Chocolate Sauce online at Torani.com or at your local retailer.
Cream Puffs with Blackberries & White Chocolate
- 17.3 oz puff pastry thawed ( about 1 hour)
- 12 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps powdered sugar
- 6 tbsps Torani White Chocolate Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries reserve 18, and gently smash the rest.
- Heat oven according to puff pastry package.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Place pastry squares on a large baking sheet, or on 2 smaller sheets.
- Bake squares until ready ( check with box).
- While puffs are cooling or baking, prepare the whipped cream filling.
- Add heavy cream, 1 tbsp of powdered sugar, and extract to a stand mixer, and mix until soft peaks form ( about 5-6 minutes).
- Once puffs are done baking, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add whipping cream to a large piping bag.
- Once puffs are cooled, carefully pull them apart.
- Add a smear ( a little over a tsp of blackberry filling to each).
- Add a tsp of Torani White Chocolate Sauce to each bottom square half.
- Pipe cream onto each square bottom over the blackberry and white chocolate filling.
- Cover each square with the top halves.
- Sprinkle each cream puff with powdered sugar.
- Add a whole blackberry to each.
- Swizzle all with Torani White Chocolate Sauce.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate until enjoying the same day.
These look SOOO good! That white chocolate sauce is a fabulous idea- I’d love to have some just for putting on ice cream- yum!
These are just calling my name. I love cream puffs and blackberries. And I could eat that white chocolate sauce right out of the bottle. Yum!
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
This is making me drool! Looks so good!
I wouldn’t say no to these cream puffs! The perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth!
This looks so good. I love anything with a black berries and cream and puff pastry just tops it off!
Claudia Krusch says
They are look so amazing! Perfect light recipe for a barbecue party! I can’t wait to try it this coming weekend!
Yes, please! It looks like a deliciously sweet treat to share.
Celebrate Woman Today says
I love this easy recipe. Need to get the puff pastry and get my dessert going!
Ruth I says
I am dying to get my hands into something like this. It is definitely a perfect dessert that has great simple but quality ingredients. I am so in love with it.
Dawn Nieves says
These sound AMAZING!!! They look so decadent and yummy, I cannot wait to try this recipe
This looks like a great recipe. I love to make things and this looks like what I’m going to make next. :)