Post updated 2/13/2020
Looking for a budget friendly meatless meal that features tuna fish? Made with mayo, fresh, veggies, and peas this Classic Tuna Pasta Salad with Peas is a family friendly meal that everyone will love.
Now that the back to school season is in full swing, that means less time for mom in the kitchen. If you are anything like us, sports practices, dance, gymnastics, and after school activities are likely going to be loading up your schedules more than you’d like to admit. Dinner will have to require a little less prep time, but still have that homemade feel.
Trust me, I can relate and that is why I want to share this really delicious and easy tuna pasta salad recipe with peas, veggies, and cheese with you! It does sound rather absurd, but I assure you when these items come together magical things happen and the dish is simply delicious!
I was able to use garden fresh tomato, cucumbers, and onions in addition to some Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch, sweet peas, cheddar cheese, mayo, pasta, and some spices.
For this back to school meal made easy, you could use any Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch, Bumble Bee® Premium Light Tuna in Water Pouch, or even Bumble Bee® canned tuna varieties. You could additionally make this meal ahead of time, or prep the veggies earlier in the week to save time. The longest part of making this dish is waiting for the macaroni noodles to boil.
So, if you want a kid friendly back to school meal, here is what you would need to make Easy Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe with Peas, Veggies, and Cheese.
- 1 pouch of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch- can also use 1 can of drained tuna. (5-6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces macaroni pasta
- small onion diced
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1 lb cherry tomato sliced in halves
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Tuna Fish Pasta Salad with Peas
Dice cucumber into small piece and half your cherry tomatoes.
Boil macaroni pasta until al dente. When it is done, run the pasta through cold water; drain.
Add pasta, peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes to bowl.
Add mayo, salt, pepper, cheese, and lemon juice.
Add drained tuna fish to the bowl.
Mix all together until creamy, cover, and then place it in the fridge to chill for at lest 2 hours.
Serve with a side of bread, or alone. This also is perfect for lunch box meals because it requires no microwave.
Your family is sure to love this creative pasta salad, and boy will it save you time! We even found that we had leftovers for the next day too!
What is your family’s favorite recipe that uses tuna?
Classic Tuna Pasta Salad with Peas
- 6 oz tuna drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz macaroni pasta
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 16 oz green peas canned, drain water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Dice cucumber into small piece and half your cherry tomatoes.
- Boil macaroni pasta until al dente. When it is done, run the pasta through cold water; drain.
- Add pasta, peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes to bowl.
- Add mayo, salt, pepper, cheese, and lemon juice.
- Add drained tuna fish to the bowl.
- Mix all together until creamy, cover, and then place it in the fridge to chill for at lest 2 hours.
- Serve with a side of bread, or alone. This also is perfect for lunch box meals because it requires no microwave.