Magical Unicorn Donuts
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All views expressed are that of our own.
Lucky Charms have been a favorite cereal of mine since I was a kid. I can still remember the little leprechaun character they had on commercials and the “Magically Delicious” slogan. Truth is, Lucky Charms were life for me back then. They always had the cutest prizes inside the box. Plus, those colorful marshmallows were and are super cute and yummy!
Now, as a mom to three, my kids LOVE when I buy Lucky Charms at Walmart. I cannot pass by the cereal aisle without them professing their love for this iconic cereal. I guess I can’t blame them since Lucky Charms are delicious and super fun to bake with.
Lucky Charms Marshmallows TOTALLY added the final magical touch to these Unicorn Donuts.
I don’t know about you but that makes my inner kid smile
Plus, imagine all the Magical Unicorn Donuts I could make with a box of cereal? Totally awesome!
Yesterday, my kids had a BLAST making these Magical Unicorn Donuts with me! Best of all, they are semi-homemade so they actually were MEGA quick to put together. Ideal for parties, or a weekday treat, these unicorn donuts are amazing, and quite pretty if I do say so myself!
Want to whip up your own batch of Magical Unicorn Donuts? Here is what you will need:
Ingredients/Supplies for Magical Unicorn Donuts:
- Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- 6 Glazed Donuts
- Store Bought Vanilla Frosting
- Neon Pink, Purple, and Blue Food coloring
- 3 bowls, and 3 forks
- Baking sheet with a cooling rack
- Silver Star Sprinkles
- Pink Jimmies
- Blue Tiny Balls
Place your cooling rack over a large baking sheet, and then space out your 6 donuts.
Evenly divide your frosting into three bowls.
Add 3 drops of food coloring to each bowl.
Place bowls in the microwave for 45 seconds (all together).
Carefully stir each color with your forks.
Swizzle one colored frosting over each donut; repeat with each color
Carefully place your Lucky Charms Marshmallows over each donut.
Add your sprinkles
Voila- you have the prettiest and most Magical Unicorn Donuts for parties, events, and more!
My kids were smitten with as you can see in this picture! The beauty of these donuts is that each one truly is a unicorn and unique in its own right!
If I were you, I would TOTALLY head on over to Walmart to pick up a family size box of Lucky Charms.
Remember, Lucky Charms are magically delicious and so are these donuts!
Want more colorful desserts? Check out the recipes below:
Get the printable recipe for these Magical Unicorn Donuts Today!
Magical Unicorn Donuts
- 12 doughnuts plain, storebought
- 16 ounces vanilla frosting store-bought frosting
- 1/8 tsp neon pink food gel
- 1/8 tsp neon blue food gel
- 1/8 tsp neon purple food gel
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Place your cooling rack over a large baking sheet, and then space out your 6 donuts.
- Evenly divide your frosting into three bowls.
- Add 3 drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Place bowls in the microwave for 45 seconds (all together).
- Carefully stir each color with your forks.
- Carefully place your Lucky Charms Marshmallows over each donut.
- Add your sprinkles