Do you have a sweet tooth but are looking for something different? These Marshmallow Dream Bars will satisfy that craving. They’re made with semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, marshmallows, and creamy peanut butter. The best part is these snacks only take 10 minutes to whip up, and about 20 minutes to set!
We’ve all been there. You’re craving something sweet and you don’t know what to do. You could go for a chocolate bar, but that’s not going to cut it this time. Caramel bars? Maybe the next time. No! I’m talking about the real deal: marshmallow dream bars! If you haven’t tried these yet, they are a must-eat treat when you need something quick and easy to satisfy your cravings. These bars are rich with chocolate flavor, yet soft and chewy on the inside. They are full of sweet, rich flavor and topped with M&Ms!
#AD This recipe was found on SideChef! Sign up to save $10 on your next Walmart Online Grocery Purchase! Shop SideChef’s extensive recipe site loaded with recipes for all occasions. Add ingredients right to your cart too for Walmart Online Grocery Pickup! Learn more on our sister site’s Instagram post.
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following ingredients:
- Creamy peanut butter – This ingredient is a must and helps to create a flavorful, creamy, fudge-like texture.
- Semi-sweet chocolate morsels – These add flavor and combine well with the other flavors. I recommend using semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels to balance the sweetness of these a wee bit.
- Butterscotch chips – Adds flavor and helps to create a decadently rich flavor.
- Mini marshmallows – Adds flavor and texture making these a true dream!
- M&Ms – You can use any variety you’d like. These add color, texture, and flavor.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- Microwave-safe large bowl – To mix the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butterscotch morsels in.
- Rubber Spatula – To help spread the mixture into the baking pan.
- 9 x 13 baking pan – These bars are not baked, but take on the shape of this baking pan once set.
- Parchment paper – This is a must for easy cleanup and slicing.
- Mixing spoon – To mix the chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch morsels with.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my tips for ensuring your Marshmallow Dream Bars come out perfectly.
Make sure to only microwave the peanut butter, chocolate, and butterscotch chips in a glass dish that is microwave-safe. Microwave for about 30 seconds on high power stirring once in-between each cook time until melted. Mine took about 3 (30-second intervals) to cook. Be sure to not get any water in the mixture or the chocolate will instantly seize and become tough.
With this recipes comes tons of room for substitutions for different flavor combinations. You can easily use the following substitutions or additions.
- Add walnuts or your favorite nuts to the top of these bars instead of M&Ms.
- Instead of butterscotch morsels use peanut butter morsels.
- Add white chocolate morsels instead of semi-sweet morsels.
- Use seasonal M&Ms colors to match the time of year you make these.
If you want to store your Marshmallow Dream Bars, just follow these easy steps.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- You can also freeze these for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
More No-Bake Treats to Try
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cups
- No-Bake Cereal Cookies
- No-Bake Cereal Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
Follow the recipe below to make Marshmallow Dream Bars! This recipe makes 12 SERVINGS, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
Marshmallow Dream Bars with M&Ms
- Microwave-safe large bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 9 x 13 baking pan
- parchment paper
- mixing spoon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 11.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips in 30-second intervals stirring in-between each. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix in marshmallows to combine the chocolate peanut butter mixture. Combine until all marshmallows are mixed in.
- Pour the chocolate marshmallow mixture into the prepare pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with M&Ms.
- Place the pan into the refrigerator to allow the mixture to set for one hour. Once chilled cut into squares to serve.