Our Peppermint Mini OREO Cheesecakes are “love at first bite”! They feature a creamy homemade cheesecake filled with peppermint bits and an OREO cookie at the bottom (for the crust)! Topped with real whipped cream and crushed peppermint, these Mini OREO Cheesecakes deserve an award!
If you are looking for the perfect holiday dessert that will WOW your guests, these Peppermint Mini OREO Cheesecakes are for you! Our baking hack which uses a whole OREO cookie as a cheesecake crust is both time-saving, and genuinely tasty.
Find everything you need to make these at your local Walmart! Shop in-store or use Walmart Online Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
How To Make Peppermint Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Find the full, printable recipe below–you will want to print it out because this is a keeper!
Mixing the room temperature cream cheese with your granulated sugar is when the magic starts for these mini desserts.
Slowly adding in the remaining ingredients keeps the mixture silky smooth and velvety.
Be sure to add your foil cupcake liners and spray them with baking spray. I love the brands that have flour mixed into the spray—it makes a huge difference.
The single OREO cookie crust holds up so well and the mixture will bake around it so perfectly.
These bake up to a firm in just 18-20 minutes but have a creamy texture. The subtle peppermint, and chocolate of the OREO is so dreamy!
Using a stand mixer to whip up homemade real whipped cream is easy for optimal results.
Allow cheesecakes to cool before unwrapping and decorating.
- Allow the ingredients to warm to room temperature before mixing. This prevents lumpy batter and helps the eggs, cream cheese, and sour cream meld into a silky-smooth consistency.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for the best results.
- To prevent sticking, spray foil cupcake liners with nonstick spray before pouring in batter.
- You can use whipped topping, or real whipped cream for these.
- A little peppermint extract goes a LONG way so be sure to only add the teaspoon’s worth!
- Allow these cheesecakes to cool to room temperature before adding topping to prevent the topping from melting off.
- To get crushed peppermint, unwrap candy canes and put them into a zippered bag. Gently smash them with a rubber mallet or hammer to crush. They might be a little sticky so keep them away from moisture or heat. Store excess in an airtight container or bag.
- You can use Mini or traditional sized OREO cookies for these mini cheesecakes. I used a combination of both for decoration. You can only use whole, traditional sized OREO cookies for the crust layer.
Can You Freeze Mini Cheesecakes?
These can be frozen for up to one month for best taste. Do not add the whipped topping before freezing. Place baked, and cooled cheesecakes in a single layer in an airtight, freezer-safe container with a paper towel lined bottom. This helps to absorb any extra moisture to prevent “sweaty” cheesecakes.
To enjoy at a later date, allow cheesecakes to thaw for about 30 minutes. You can then add the whipped topping.
More Cheesecakes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Low Carb Crustless Keto Cheesecake with Blueberries
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- Crustless Keto Cheesecake Recipe
Peppermint Mini Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe
- 24-count muffin tin
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- cupcake liners
- nonstick baking spray
Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes
- 16 ounces cream cheese full fat, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream full fat, room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 18 whole OREO Cookies
- 18 whole Mini OREO Cookies
- 1 tbsp. red sprinkles
- 3 tbsps. crushed peppermint
Whipped Cream Topping
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsps. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add cream cheese and sugar to a large bowl, or stand mixer. Combine cream cheese with sugar until creamy, and fully combined. The mixture will be thick and smooth.
- Add flour to the bowl and one cracked egg at a time. The mixture will begin to thin out but still be creamy. You should not have any lumps.
- Finally, add the sour cream and extract. Your mixture will be silky smooth and a light cream color.
- Fold in sprinkles by hand and set batter aside.
- Line cupcake tin with foil liners. Spray non-stick baking spray inside of each which allows the cheesecakes to be easily removed. Add one large OREO cookie to each sprayed liner.
- Pour batter on top of each cookie about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes. Cheesecakes will have a light golden brown color and have a firm feel when gently touched.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool for at least 1 hour before adding topping. I removed mine from the pan to help speed up the process. Once cooled, carefully peel the foil liner off each if desired.
Real Whipped Cream
- Add 16 ounces of heavy whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to a stand mixer. Beat on high for 3-5 minutes. Cream will begin to form stiff peaks once ready. Add cream to a large piping bag with a star tip.
- Decorate each cheesecake with a swirl of real whipped cream. Top with a mini or large OREO, crushed peppermint, and sprinkles. Refrigerate any extras. These last up to 3 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.