Mulled Spiced Apple Cider is a delicious drink made on the stovetop. It is infused with warm spice notes, and orange citrus. This drink is ideal for harvest parties or the holiday season.
One of my favorite drinks of the fall happens to be apple cider. I love the authentic taste of farm-fresh, pressed apples which are processed into delicious apple cider.
Here in New England, apple cider is actually enjoyed either hot or cold, and can be made even tastier by adding extra spices, and fruits to make warm Mulled Spiced Apple Cider.
My wife recently helped to make this amazing recipe that I am excited to share with you all!
This past weekend, I picked up a gallon of farm-fresh pasteurized apple cider to use as a base for my Mulled Spiced Apple Cider.
Along with the cider, I also picked up some fresh anise stars, allspice berries, clove, oranges, and apples.
As for this Mulled Spiced Apple Cider- holy deliciousness. This folks is the drink you MUST make for your friends and family this holiday season. I swear, it is like heaven in a cup and contains the perfect balance of orange, apple, and spices.
Plus, as an added bonus it smells your home up with the scents of the season as it gently simmers. After you strain the spices, and fruit from this, you can add a little water to a smaller pot and return them to the stove on low to serve as potpourri.
Mulled Spiced Apple Cider Ingredients
- 1 gallon of farm-fresh apple cider
- 4 allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 Anise Stars
- 1 apple sliced-I made mine super cute with star cutouts
- 1 peel of a whole orange
- 1 orange sliced and cut into quarters
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of whole cranberries
Add the cider to a thick-walled stock pot.
Sprinkle in the spices, and fruits to your stock pot.
Bring liquid to a boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes on low.
Once done simmering, use a fine mesh strainer to collect the spices, and fruits.
Save some fruit for garnishing if desired.
Serve warm and enjoy all the flavors of the season in one cup!
*tip* add discarded extra fruit and spices to a small stock pot and simmer on low to make potpourri for the day.
This Mulled Orange-Spiced Apple Cider is not only packed with the flavors and scents of the season but adds a lovely scent to your home as it simmers. Perfect for fall parties and get togethers.
Mulled Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider we used fresh pressed
- 4 allspice berries
- 4 cloves
- 4 anise stars
- 1 apple sliced into chunks, or thin to make star cutouts
- 1 orange peel peel only
- 1 orange sliced and wedged, skin on
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Add the cider to a thick-walled stock pot.
- Sprinkle in the spices, and fruits to your stock pot.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once done simmering, use a fine mesh strainer to collect the spices, and fruits.
- Add some fruits to each cup *if desired
- Serve warm & enjoy!