Ooey Goey S’Mores Crescent Bombs explode with the perfect combination of melted chocolate and marshmallow. We throw in some graham crackers and pack it all into a fun and convenient crescent dough baked in a muffin tin.
National S’mores day might not be until August 10th, but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy these Ooey Goey S’Mores Crescent Bombs year round. Made with warm, buttery, crescent dough and all the traditional fixings of a classic s’more; these muffin tin desserts are irresistibly delicious!
I have been meaning to attempt this recipe for months. Since the sun is finally shining bright, yesterday was the perfect day to see if this crescent dough dessert recipe would be successful.
Thankfully, after the oven clock went off, there were no freaky explosions in my oven, and my muffin tin is still usable. I would say this recipe came out amazing!
Here are some tips to make your Ooey Goey S’Mores Crescent Bombs even more amazing and hopefully fool-proof.
The best tip for these s’mores baked desserts is to make sure you fully close the dough before baking them. I left a few small gaps open on two of mine and the marshmallow really expanded outwards. They were still edible, but I truly had to remove them from the muffin ton quickly to prevent them from being almost glued to it from the cooled marshmallow.
My second tip would to be to lightly grease the muffin tin with butter. This will prevent the crescents from sticking the pan if a little of the marshmallow seeped out.
You will want to gently remove these baked s’mores treats from your muffin tin while warm with a plastic knife. Just be careful not to burn yourself on the hot pan.
While it may seem like a no-brainer, these Ooey Goey S’Mores Crescent Bombs are best enjoyed while warm, and ooey, gooey delicious!
They are such a yummy and indulgent treat which my kiddos loved. I only enjoyed a bite to give my seal of approval, but my kids devoured them up mega quickly.
Want to try your hand at a batch of Ooey Goey S’Mores Crescent Bombs? Check out the recipe below:
Ooey Goey S'Mores Crescent Bombs
- 1 can of crescent roll dough carefully unwrapped
- 8 jumbo marshmallows
- 3 sheets of graham crackers Set aside 8 cracker portions and crumble the rest
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 large chocolate bar broken into 8 squares
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Grease 8 spots on a 12 ct muffin tin with melted butter
- Add one crescent dough triangle to each muffin tin slot In the center of each triangle
- Add a dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread
- Add one half of an individual graham cracker broken in half
- Add one jumbo marshmallow to the center and fold over the crescent dough.
- Be sure to make sure the dough covers the inner contents completely since they could explode out.
- Sprinkle each crescent bomb with graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 11 mins or until golden brown.