Best Ever Stovetop Lemon Rice Pudding Recipe. A delicious lemony rice pudding recipe that is made with common ingredients like milk, and fresh lemon.
Nothing makes someone smile more genuinely than giving them a homemade sweet treat. Around here, my kids and husband have become so accustomed to my cooking and baking that I already know the way to their hearts are with desserts like this Stovetop Lemon Rice Pudding Recipe which I made using ingredients like real butter.
When I think of my Vavo, I think back to that yummy Portuguese rice pudding she’d make. I feel like she had it on her table every week to welcome anyone who’d stop by for a cup of coffee or tea. It reminded me how much everyone loved it and the smiles it would produce.
That is why I decided to make a huge batch for my family to spread some cheer. While this is not the Portuguese Sweet Rice recipe, this is more of the American classic stovetop version with a lemony twist!
These stovetop lemon rice pudding cups are so perfect to pass out to people. I gave my Mother & Father in law a cup to enjoy, as well as my husband and children. I even think these would make the PERFECT bake sale treat because you can easily jazz up the rice pudding cups with little cupcake liners, sunny yellow ribbon, and even a flower.
Don’t they look so cute?
My kids seemed to think so even though they were more concerned with digging into the warm, custard-like rice pudding!
Best Ever Stovetop Lemon Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine Long Grain Rice
- 8 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- cinnamon for topping
- whipped topping for topping *optional
- In a large thick walled stock pot, add your milk, sugar, and fresh lemon rind, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add in rice, and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Stir frequently, and bring to a rice and milk mixture to boil. **If you are adding raisins add them now.
- Once boiling stir, and reduce heat to a simmer stirring occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove excess lemon rind.
- Remove from heat, and pour into small cups. Top with cinnamon (optional)
- Allow rice to cool before adding whipped cream.