The Best Shortcut Pumpkin Pie Recipe is one you need to save for your holiday baking. This pumpkin pie dessert recipe is easy enough thanks to premade pie crust dough and an easy filling recipe.
I guess you could certainly say that I have been on a fresh-baked pie kick lately. I have been trying to work on making my pies a heck of a lot neater looking, and it is a slow process but I am getting there! This latest shortcut pumpkin pie recipe was doubled, but I’d love to share it with you today.
Soon, Halloween will be just another day past and you all are gonna want to head to the kitchen for some holiday baking. You might even want to turn those cute little porch pumpkins into pie.
I recently made some fresh pumpkin pies from my son’s pumpkin (a whole other story), but this recipe is a shortcut one so it is much easier!
I like to call this The Best Shortcut Pumpkin Pie Recipe because I used pre-made dough, and canned milk and pumpkin.
I am not big on canned goods, but for pumpkin pies I make an exception. I love this recipe because you only need sweetened condensed milk, canned pumpkin, eggs, pre-made dough and pumpkin pie spice-easy enough?
Plus, this time of year is perfect for getting these ingredients on sale!
My husband loves pumpkin pie so much so I like to make one every week because it really isn’t hard. I whip up the ingredients so fast, crimp my pre-made pie shell, and then make some foil strips to protect the crust from burning.
Pie shields are an important part of pie making because without them the outer crust can easily burn if it is exposed to the heat too long. We all know some pie fillings take longer than others so this ensures a deep golden brown crust but not a burnt one.
Best Shortcut Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- 15 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 15 ounces of canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pre-made pie crust (use deeper dish pan)
How to Shortcut Make Pumpkin Pie
Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
Prepare your pie crust pan by gently inserting pie crust dough.
Crimp pie edges, and pierce the bottom of the crust with tiny fork pricks.
Mix all the above ingredients, and then pour into the pie shell.
Cook for 15 minutes at 425 degrees f.
Add a pie shield to protect crust from over browning. If you do not own a pie shield, you can make one from aluminum foil.
How to Make a Pie Shield
Cut a piece of aluminum foil that is large enough to cover the full pie.
Gently press it in half and cut out a large circle that is big enough to allow the pie center to cook
Place foil cut out over the pie edges and gently crimp.
Cook for another 35-40 minutes at a reduced temperature of 350 degrees f.
Allow pumpkin pie to fully cool for 2 hours before cutting into it or adding any whipped cream.
This pumpkin pie can be stored in the refrigerator once cooled for up to 3 days (fully covered) for best taste.
Shortcut Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pie crust dough
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- Prepare your pie crust pan by adding dough sheet. Press dough gently into the pie dish.
- Crimp the edges, and then pierce the bottom crust with a few holes.
- Mix the filling ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Add the pie shield and cook for another 35-40 minutes at a reduced temperature of 350 degrees f.
- Remove pie from oven once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow pie to cool for at least 2 hours before eating, or refridgerating.