These easy fall muffins that come together with just two ingredients- Devil’s Food cake mix, and a 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree. These tasty muffins are better for you and do not contain any oil or eggs. his simple recipe is perfect for busy mornings or when you’re craving a quick snack.
Who doesn’t love a moist, fluffy, and flavorful, muffin? While store-bought muffins can be convenient, nothing beats a homemade muffin fresh out of the oven during the chilly months. Pumpkin muffins are a fall favorite, and this recipe only requires two ingredients making them my fave! That’s right, just two!
Why I Love these Muffins
- Weight Watchers Friendly
- Low calorie & fat content per muffin
- Quick to make
- Tastes yummy
- Family friendly
Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients
The beauty of these muffins is that they only require 2 grocery items or ingredients.
Canned Pumpkin – Not pumpkin pie filling as that is thinner contains salt, and other spices. You just need one 15-ounce can for these.
Cake Mix – You can use French Vanilla, Yellow, Spice, or White cake mix. They all work and taste delicious with these cookies.
Optional add-ins – You can add a half cup of nuts, or chocolate chips to add some additional texture to these. You could also sprinkle on some powdered sugar, pumpkin spice, or frosting of your choice.
Making Two Ingredient Muffins
Preheat the oven & add muffin liners to your tin.
Add the cake mix and the full can of pumpkin to the mixing bowl. Whisk until thick and fluffy.
Use an ice cream scooper to eject the very thick batter into the muffin liners. This helps the batter to release! It is okay if the batter is a little over 3/4 of the way full. These muffins do not rise too much like traditional muffins.
Bake until tops feel springy and a tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. (About 20-22 minutes)
Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes before enjoying warm. I love these plain, but if you prefer frosting you can add what you love!
While these muffins might not last long since this recipe only produces 12, you might need to freeze some. My personal preference is to seal them in pairs using my food sealer system. However, you can totally store these wrapped in a freezer-safe bags, or container. Thaw in the refrigerator before enjoying.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try Today
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mini Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Muffins
- Bake Pumpkin Crisp
- Glazed Mini Pumpkin Hand Pies
2 Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Oven adjusted to center rack position
- 12-count muffin tin
- Large bowl
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 15.25 Devils Food Cake mix *do not add water, eggs, or oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree *not pumpkin pie mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree and cake mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the twelve muffin liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!