Fall is here and you know what that means! Pumpkin spice cream cheese. This simple spread can be used on toast, bagels, waffles, pancakes, muffins… the list goes on. So get your pumpkin spice fix with this delicious recipe! This easy breakfast or dessert recipe will make your mornings more flavorful than ever before with just a few ingredients. Whip up this scrumptious spread in no time to enjoy all season long.
The pumpkin spice season is officially here and it’s time to start enjoying it before it turns into peppermint and gingerbread season. This recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese is perfect for spreading on crackers, biscuits, or celery sticks. It’s also great as a dip for apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels, and more. The cream cheese adds the perfect amount of sweetness without being too overbearing thanks to the cinnamon and nutmeg that are added in.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
Mix together 8 ounces of softened cream cheese with one tablespoon of honey (or orange juice), half a cup of canned pumpkin puree, a teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined then transfer into an airtight container. Refrigerate overnight before serving so flavors can meld together more fully. Serve with crackers or fruit slices as desired!
If you would like to slightly alter your pumpkin cream cheese, there are ways you can do that!
Swap the honey for pure maple syrup for a true fall flavor.
Add candied walnuts to it if you’d like some crunchy texture. Just be sure the walnuts are chopped a bit after candying them. You can also use plain if you prefer.
If you want a hint of molasses use dark brown sugar instead of light brown. Additionally, granulated sugar can be used.
Don’t have pumpkin spice? That is okay, you can use cinnamon with a hint of nutmeg. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
How to Serve Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
You can serve this on toast or bagels, but I have some even better uses you might enjoy!
- Add one-two tablespoons of filling to the center of a crescent roll, bake, and ice like these Pumpkin Pie Bombs.
- Spread this fall cream cheese on croissants.
- Enjoy with apple slices or other fresh fruits.
- Make English muffin pizzas with this spread, and raisins and chopped nuts. Toast the muffins, add the spread, and decorate with toppings.
- Make semi-homemade whoopie pies by filling two soft ginger cookies, or oatmeal cookies with a layer of pumpkin cream cheese in the center.
- Use this recipe in place of any cream cheese baked dessert like the ones below.
- Enjoy this as a dip with cinnamon and sugar pita crisps.
Let us know down below if you have any additional ideas of how to enjoy this lovely fall cream cheese spread.
More Pumpkin Cream Cheese Recipes
Looking for some additional pumpkin and cream cheese recipes? Check out a couple of my favorites.
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread
- large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Airtight container
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until well-blended, light, and fluffy. Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.