Looking for the BEST Valentine Cookies Recipe on the web? You have come to right place if you crave jumbo, chewy, soft, and ooey, gooey chocolaty cookies! These Valentine M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies are hands-down the best cookie recipe we’ve made this month!
How To Make Valentine’s Day Cookies
In this post, we’ll show you how to make these delicious and lovely cookies for Valentine’s Day. These cookies are modeled after our Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe we have shared on our food blog- Sizzling Eats.
If you crave homemade chocolate chip cookies with M&Ms this cookie recipe is for you! We’ve doubled the size of our standard chocolate chip cookies which feature one tablespoon of dough. These JUMBO M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies feature 2 tablespoons of dough!
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following mostly pantry staple ingredients:
- butter, unsalted
- light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Karo® Corn Syrup light variety
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- Valentine M&Ms
- dark chocolate chips
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer- fitted with the paddle attachment, this helped effortlessly create the dough for these cookies.
- rubber spatula- to help scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- baking sheet- One large (oven-sized) or two standard. We find the lighter colored ones work best. Darker ones always seem to get our cookie bottoms extra toasty.
- cookie scooper- We used a tablespoon size, but if you have a 2-tablespoon sized that is perfect!
- parchment paper- To keep the cookies from sticking to the pan.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my tips for ensuring your Valentine’s Day Cookies come out perfectly.
Always preheat your oven before baking cookies. Your oven needs to be just the right temperature to bake up cookies perfectly. Placing cookies in a cool oven spells out disaster. Also, ensure your oven rack is set to the middle notch so cookie bake evenly.
Eggs & Butter Temperature
Use room temperature butter and egg. This allows the butter and egg to break down more easily when at the creaming stage. It also allows for more air to get into the dough producing a fluffy baked good.
We found that using dark chocolate chips were beneficial because they balanced the cookies sweetness out. M&Ms are sweet, and so is this cookie base so the dark chocolate evened out the flavors.
If you want to store your Valentine’s Cookies, just follow these easy steps.
Since these are super filling cookies, chances are you’ll have a lot leftover! As mentioned, this recipe makes 18 jumbo cookies. Of course, you can also make them standard size if you choose.
Freezing Baked Cookies
These cookies can be enjoyed warm out of the oven. Be sure to allow them to fully cool before storing them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. They can also be baked, and then frozen for up to 3 months in an air-tight container. Thaw at room temperate to enjoy. We love to quickly warm our cookies in the microwave for 10-15 seconds for that fresh out of the oven taste.
Freezing Cookie Dough
Additionally, you can freeze the cookie dough balls. Form cookie dough into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place them close together on a baking sheet to freeze in the freezer for about 2 hours. Once frozen, transfer balls to an airtight, freezer-safe container. Simply add an extra 2-3 minutes to the bake time from frozen. We always make sure to mark the recipe, bake temperature & time on our frozen dough.
Follow the recipe below to make the Best Valentine’s Cookies! This recipe makes 18 large cookies, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
More Valentines Desserts
The BEST Valentine Cookies Recipe
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- baking sheet
- cookie scooper
- parchment paper
- food processor
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line one large baking sheet or 2 standard-sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar– beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the corn syrup, egg, vanilla, salt, and the baking soda. Mix for 1 minute until fully combined. Lower the mixer speed, and slowly add in the flour on the low mixing setting. Once combined, scrape down the sides, and then add the chocolate chips and candies.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2 tablespoon-sized balls. Combine the balls and roll them into a large ball. *see collage image.
- Space out cookies 6 to one sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. These cookies will have light golden-brown edges and will "fall slightly" as they cool. If you want to showcase more M&Ms, consider gently adding a few whole ones to the soft cookies tops (gently press them in) before they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before adding them to a cooling rack. Repeat the baking process until all cookies have baked.