Our delicious Cream Cheese Danish are so easy to make because they use Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls dough. Topped with apples and drizzled with icing, these Apple Cream Cheese Danish are sure to be a hit!
This post has been sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sadly, the best bakery in town sold the business and their quality went downhill. I never understood why the new owners of a successful business would reduce quality and drive it to the ground.
Sometimes, homemade is the best way to go when it comes to baked goods. You just can’t beat something like a fresh Cream Cheese Danish, warm out of the oven.
How to Make Apple Cream Cheese Danish with Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe uses Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls as the base for the cream cheese and apple filling. I love shortcuts like this because they save time and I’m admittedly not the best dough worker!
As an added bonus, since the cinnamon rolls dough has real cinnamon throughout the dough, it adds a delicious warmth of flavor to this easy recipe.
You can find Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls at Stop & Shop in the refrigerated dough case. We love shopping at Stop & Shop during the holiday season because they have so many deals on entertaining & baking musts!
These are the ingredients needed for making Cream Cheese Danish with Apple Filling. Note that you could substitute the apple filling for a different fruit like raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries.
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (1 can)
- Apple Pie Filling (or other fruit if you prefer)
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
Making the Danish Dough
Since the danish dough is already made, you simply need to separate the cinnamon rolls just like you would if you were making cinnamon rolls. Space them out evenly on a baking sheet and press in their centers to give the filling somewhere to fill.
Make the Cream Cheese Filling for Danish
Your cream cheese should be at (or close to) room temperature. It’s important that it is not too cold because it won’t mix with the other ingredients properly.
Does Cream Cheese Danish Need to Be Refrigerated?
To be on the safe side, you should refrigerate danishes that contain cream cheese filling if you’re keeping them overnight. They can be left out all day at room temperature but if you plan on keeping any for the next day, they should be refrigerated.
Cream cheese although baked, still contains many components needed by bacteria to grow.
Be sure to Take Joy in the in the Taste of Tradition and pick up some Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls at Stop & Shop.
Easy Cream Cheese Danish with Apples Recipe
- baking sheet
- Hand mixer
- 8 oz Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 8 ounces canned apple filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Line a large pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the cream cheese, extract, and sugar.
- Beat cream cheese mixture until light and fluffy.
- Unwrap cinnamon rolls and gently stretch each out making a small impression in the center of the dough.
- Make sure each roll has at least 2 inches of space to spread on the sheet.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling to each cinnamon roll danish.
- Repeat with about 1 tablespoon of apple filling.
- Bake for 13 minutes at 350 degrees f.
- Remove from oven and move danish to a cooling rack.
- Add icing cup to microwave for 10 seconds to warm.
- Using a spoon, add an even amount of icing to each.
- Enjoy warm.