Strawberry Cream Puffs & Date Night in Ideas
Flaky & buttery puff pastry filled with fresh whipped cream, sweet strawberries, and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Valentine’s might be four days away but that does not mean you can’t enjoy a date night at home with your significant other tonight. When you are a parent of young kids, sometimes those type of dates are your only choice. For us, we often celebrate holidays and milestones after the kids are tucked away in bed. That is why today I wanted to share these Strawberry Cream Puffs & Date Night in Ideas.
Not everyone is a chef, nor wants to cook for a date night. I totally get that too! While I do like to enjoy a nice meal, I really do not always feel like cheffing it up for a night in. Sometimes I even take out, or purchase a quality frozen meal for two.
We picked up a bag of Bertolli Frozen Chicken Florentine, and P.F. Chang’s Frozen Beef and Broccoli. These meals can be found in the frozen meals section of your local Walmart. They were priced just under $7 at our New England location too!
Ready in minutes, these meals can be oven cooked, or microwaved! However, the flavors and freshness are so authentic and tasty that you would never know they were frozen!
Bertolli Frozen Chicken Florentine is made up of farfalle pasta cooked up al dente. Grilled white meat chicken and tender spinach are prepared in a luscious sauce made with white wine and Parmesan and Romano cheeses.
PF Chang’s Frozen Beef and Broccoli features marinated beef and crisp broccoli drizzled with savory garlic soy sauce. We actually made both varieties of these meals and had leftovers for lunch the next day since they give a generous “for two” portion of each.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Puffs
No dinner is complete without a tasty dessert. These Strawberry Cream Puffs were mighty yummy too! These were also easy to make!
Here is how to make my version of Strawberry Cream Puffs:
- Heavy whipping cream- 8 ounces
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 1 package of puff pastry Room temp *according to package instructions
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter *optional- can also just cut them into squares
- 1 cup Sliced fresh strawberries
Date nights in can be for any occasion, but since Valentine’s is around the corner, I added some fun touches. I filled a mason jar with red paper filler and battery operated string lights for ambiance. A crystal candy dish filled with hearts brought the table together. I also wrapped the forks with pink paper napkins and secured them with tiny clothespins. Jared really liked the meal and I will be recreating it again with some different varieties from PF Changs and Bertolli.
Strawberry Cream Puffs
- 8 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps powdered sugar Save 1 tsp for dusting
- 17.3 oz puff pastry (1 box) at room temp.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to the temperature required by your puff pastry packaging.
- In a large bowl add the heavy cream, extract, and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- Mix on high for 3-5 minutes until stiff peaks form in the cream.
- Add cream to a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Place cream in the fridge.
- Cut out your puff pastry hearts, or slice them into even rectangles.
- Bake according to package instructions.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins and then slice them in half
- Layer 3 strawberries on one half of each shell, pipe with cream
- Finish off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, and you have a tasty dessert.