A classic oatmeal cookie boasting a warm and inviting aroma that will make your mouth water. They have a chewy, and soft texture with a variety of crunchy add-ins. These breakfast cookies contain no traditional sugar but do feature honey.
Oatmeal cookies are beloved for their timeless flavor and comforting texture. They have been a favorite of home bakers for generations, and it’s easy to see why. The flavor is familiar yet unique—the oats add a sweet nuttiness that pairs perfectly with classic ingredients like pecans, honey, butter, and vanilla extract.
If you’re looking for a tasty, nutritious snack that won’t completely derail your health goals, you absolutely must try these honey oatmeal cookies! They feature honey as a sweetener, along with oats and cranberries for added texture and flavor. Plus, they are packed with essential nutrients like fiber, healthy fats, and even protein. So not only do they taste great, but they also provide nutrition to fuel your body.
Honey Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients
- Golden Blossom Honey is used instead of granulated or brown sugar to sweeten these cookies.
- Melted butter helps adds moisture and richness to these cookies.
- Egg add a fluffiness and brings the dough together.
- Instant Oats and all-purpose flour are the base of these cookies and gives them their chewy, nutty texture and flavor.
- Vanilla extract and ground cinnamon adds warm and delicious flavor to the dough.
- Baking powder makes these cookies fluffy.
- Dried cranberries, pecans, and chocolate chips add texture and sweetness to these cookies.
- Salt balances the flavors and helps to balance the sweetness.
How to Make Honey Oatmeal Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, and honey until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
3. In a small bowl, whisk all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring with a spoon or spatula until combined into dough. Fold in oatmeal, pecans, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
5. Drop tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be done when the edges are golden brown.
Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cookie Variations
- These cookies are so delicious as made, but here are some swaps you can make for equally delicious cookies.
- Substitute milk chocolate chips for other flavored chips like peanut butter or white chocolate.
- Raisins or dried cherries can be used in lieu of the dried cranberries.
- You can use quick cook oats instead of instant oatmeal. Any other varieties will have a really chewy and off texture for this particular recipe.
Storing Honey Oatmeal Cookies
The best way to store honey oatmeal cookies is in a tightly sealed container. This will keep them fresh for up to 4 days and prevent them from becoming stale. You can also wrap the cookie in wax paper or aluminum foil to preserve its freshness. If you don’t have any containers available, then you can put the cookies into plastic zippered bags.
Additionally, you can freeze your honey oatmeal cookies, then put them into an airtight plastic bag or a container with a lid and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw the cookies before eating them. Enjoy!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes to Try
- Confetti Vanilla Pudding Cookies
- Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- Super Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Nutritious Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- Oven adjusted to the center rack position
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- cookie scoop
- ⅓ cup Golden Blossom Honey
- ¼ cup Melted butter unsalted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup instant oatmeal I used a variety with flax & chia in it.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, and honey until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring with a spoon or spatula until combined into dough. Fold in oatmeal, pecans, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be done when the edges are golden brown.
- Using a fork or spoon gently flatten each cookie a bit. These do not spread!
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!