Freshly cut pineapple, mandarin wedges, and freshly sliced banana are layered to mimic candy corn. Finished with some sparkling stevia-based soda, these are a healthy Halloween treat for kids. Post contains affiliate links.
Looking for healthy Halloween snacking ideas? If so, these Healthy Halloween Sparkling Fruit Cups are perfect. Made to resemble the same colors and patterns as candy corn, these silly monster cups can be made easily & filled with canned or fresh fruits.
If you are all about the non-candy Halloween Treats this recipe is perfect! It pairs well with these Non-Candy Lunchbox Snacks as a yummy after school snack to enjoy during the spooky season. The addition of the fizzy, Zevia Kidz Strawberry Lemonade elevated this snack to the next level without any added sugar.
How to Make Monster Cups
As you can see, this yummy, sparkling fruit salad is served in silly monster cups. These cups were so easy to make! You can recreate them with the easy to find supplies below! You can find these on Amazon or even at the dollar store.
- Plastic Cups – You will want to use ones with a smooth surface so the eyes stick easily.
- Googly Eyes – If you can get the adhesive backed ones that would be great but any will work with glue or glue dots.
- Sharpie – I used a black one to draw the silly faces on.
- Modge Podge – This is my go-to glue because it works quickly and is reliable. If you go this way you will also need a slender paint brush to dip into the glue.
- or Glue Dots – If you have these they will make things a bit easier.
Halloween Sparkling Fruit Salad Cups Ingredients
To make this sparkling fruit salad you will need the following items for 3 kids. Increase this based on cup and kid size. While you can sub in canned fruit I loved the flavor and texture “pop” the fresh fruits had!
Pineapple – I used a whole, fresh pineapple and chopped it up finely. You can use canned pineapple chunks for this. I do suggest draining them first.
Mandarin Oranges – I used one large mandarin, wedged per cup. You can use canned, drained oranges as well.
Bananas – I used about 3/4 banana per cup.
Zevia Kidz Strawberry Lemonade – I used about 1/2-3/4 can per cup. You can use any flavor you love. However, I do think this flavor really enhanced the tropical fruits I used.
Making Halloween Fruit Cups
Assemble your Halloween Monster Cups and allow the eyes to set if using glue.
On a clean cutting board, prepare your pineapple by removing the top, and outside tough skin.
Chop the pineapple into small, bite-sized pieces.
Fill each cup 1/3 of the way with pineapple.
Peel and wedge each mandarin. Be sure to remove any excess white membranes.
Add mandarin to each cup.
Right before serving, add sliced banana to the top of each cup. If you prefer to have this last, you can also use peeled, chopped Granny Smith Apple soaked with citric acid or lemon juice to keep it from browning.
Pour 1/2 the soda over the fruit and serve with a spoon- enjoy!
Halloween Party Recipes to Try Today
- Halloween Cookies
- Halloween Cake
- Halloween Party Snack Board
- Halloween Cheese Platter
- Easy Halloween Donuts
Healthy Halloween Sparkling Fruit Cups
- cutting board & knife
- 3 large mandarins peeled, and wedged
- 3 small bananas peeled, and sliced into coins
- 1½ cups pineapple chopped
- 16 ounces Zevia Kidz Strawberry Lemonade
- On a clean cutting board, prepare your pineapple by removing the top, and outside tough skin.
- Chop the pineapple into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Fill each cup 1/3 of the way with pineapple.
- Peel and wedge each mandarin. Be sure to remove any excess white membranes.
- Add mandarin to each cup.
- Right before serving, add sliced banana to the top of each cup. If you prefer to have this last, you can also use peeled, chopped Granny Smith Apple soaked with citric acid or lemon juice to keep it from browning.
- Pour soda over the fruit and serve with a spoon- enjoy!